Monday, November 10, 2008

What Do You Do For Money, Honey?

People are strange when you're a stranger. Well said, Lizard King, well said.

However, in Las Vegas, the stranger you are the better chance that you'll sit next to me on the bus and talk to me.

One Friday morning I was riding The Deuce as usual on my way to work when this black guy sits next to me on the bus and starts playing 20 questions with me.

Everyone's favorite question in Vegas? *pronounced exactly this way* So you got a husband, boyfriend, baby daddy?

Lately, I have made up a very elaborate story of my fictional boyfriend of 3 years who I live with in a condo and we haven't gotten married because he hasn't asked me yet.

Everyone's second favorite question to ask in Vegas? *pronounced exactly this way* So what you do for a living?

So on this particular Friday the random black man asks me "So what you do for a living?" And I explained to him that I work as a paralegal in a law office downtown.

So I ask him what he does for a living.

This was his response: "I AM INVOLVED IN THE REDISTRIBUTING OF MERCHANDISE THAT WASN'T EXACTLY SOLD BY ITS ORIGINAL OWNERS."

Gotta love an eloquent thief!!!

2 comments:

JonesStreetPress.com said...

BRILLIANT! God love Vegas. : )

Kramer said...

hahahaha, that is great